Personal Author:. Velte, Toby J.
- chapter and author info.
- Log in to Wiley Online Library.
- Surrender to Sin.
- Green Supply Chain Management: A Precursor to Green Purchasing.
- Lot-Size Planning with Non-linear Cost Functions Supporting Environmental Sustainability!
- Wave Rider: Leadership for High Performance in a Self-Organizing World!
- Green technologies environmentally and profit friendly.
Publication Information:. Physical Description:. Subject Term:.
Information technology -- Management. Information technology -- Cost control. Environmental protection. Computer systems -- Environmental aspects.
Added Author:. Velte, Anthony T. PSZ JB. Summary Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Reduce the environmental and budgetary impact of your IT infrastructure This groundbreaking work offers a complete roadmap for integrating environmentally sound techniques and technologies into your Information Systems architecture. Work within current global initiatives and standards for e-waste Minimize power usage and use alternative cooling methods in your datacenter Transition your office into a paperless environment Equip your organization with green hardware, including EPEAT-, RoHS-, and ENERGY STAR-certified machines Implement efficient datacenter design in terms of energy consumption, cooling, server configuration, consolidation, cabling, redundancy, and more Virtualize servers and storage using the latest technologies from VMware, Microsoft, Compellent, Incipient, and others Measure existing datacenter efficiency using current metrics, and track progress with Business Intelligence tools Establish a green supply chain Explore the Software as a Service SaaS model Manage ongoing compliance and sustainable growth.
Robert Elsenpeter is an award-winning journalist and author of a dozen technology books. Select a list.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Make this your default list. The following items were successfully added.
There was an error while adding the following items. Note: Content may be edited for style and length. Science News.
Harnessing Green It - Harnessing Green It - Wiley Online Library
How firms can lessen environmental impact The Paris Agreement, aimed at strengthening the global response to climate change, recognizes the important role technology will play in addressing climate change issues. Timing and technology investments matter Investment in technology alone doesn't automatically lead to an improved bottom line, researchers note.
Saldanha, Sunil Mithas, V. ScienceDaily, 5 April Washington State University.
- New Procedures in Nondestructive Testing: Proceedings of the Germany-U.S. Workshop Fraunhofer-Institut, Saarbrücken, Germany Aug. 30 – Sept. 3, 1982.
- Search and menus.
- History, Justice, and the Agency of God: A Hermeneutical and Exegetical Investigation on Isaiah and Psalms (Biblical Interpretation Series)!
- Greening your IT infrastructure | Green IT Best Practices.
- Green IT: Reduce Your Information System's Environmental Impact While Adding to the Bottom Line?
- Book review - Green IT by Toby Velte, Anthony Velte and Robert Elsenpeter - Information Age.
- Royal Entomological Society Book of British Insects.
Green technologies environmentally and profit friendly. Retrieved September 22, from www. However, new research shows that information technology actually creates increased global profits through Rated firms reduce their toxic emissions even more when their peers are also rated.
Books by Anthony Velte Robert Elsenpeter Toby Velte
In addition, Below are relevant articles that may interest you. ScienceDaily shares links with scholarly publications in the TrendMD network and earns revenue from third-party advertisers, where indicated. Boy or Girl? Living Well.